1. He makes his kids chocolate chip pancakes.
2. He was ballsy enough to show some skin in Tales of the City and Psycho Beach Party.
3. He met his wife in Paris Ah, l’amour.
4. His Tweet the Feet Tuesdays.
5. No one rocks a leather dress like he does.
6. He stood up for AJ Cook and Paget Brewster when they were unceremoniously let go from Criminal Minds after season 5.
7. He used to sing Louis Armstrong songs in a pizzeria when he was a kid.
8. He got a scholarship to Julliard. Freakin’ Julliard!
9. He’s extremely athletic – soccer, swimming, golf, tennis, skiing… he does it all.
10. He is mistaken for Eric McCormack a lot. Ironically, he has appeared in two movies with him (Night Visitors and A Will of Their Own).
11. Mountain Dew and Southern Comfort. That is all.
12. His guest spot with Jenna Elfman on Two and a Half Men was one of the best surprises of the 2011-2012 television season.
13. He’s part Irish.
14. He’s been robbed of an Emmy for his comedy AND his drama.
15. He lives in San Antonio.
16. He loves his dogs.
17. Before he was famous, he had some pretty crazy jobs.
18. He played Celebrity Butt Tag on the red carpet… and goosed Meryl Streep.
19. He’s watched an open heart surgery.
20. He once filmed a pilot that required him to be in drag.
21. He decided Hotch would kill George Foyet with his bare hands.
22. He supports his adopted hometown’s Spurs… and unfortunately, the New York Mets.
23. He’s the 2nd best celebrity golfer in the world.
24. He’s an advocate for Pilates.
25. He’s a Southern boy at heart.
26. He was a Catholic school boy.
27. He’s a lefty.
28. He won his round of Celebrity Jeopardy.
29. He can sing.
30. He participated in the Stonewall 25 March with his Tales of the City cast members.
31. He’s modeled for Tommy Hilfiger and loves Zegna.
32. In the boxers vs. briefs war, boxers win.
33. He was his freshman class president.
34. He once locked himself out of his apartment when living in New York… and jumped off the roof to get to his balcony.
35. He shares a birthday with Tom Cruise.
36. His father was a state senator and a judge.
37. He’s the youngest of four children… and the only actor.
38. He’d love to play Hamlet.
39. He was Entertainment Weekly’s Underappreciated Entertainer of the Year.
40. He substituted for Regis Philbin on Live With Regis and Kelly.
41. His favorite color is blue.
42. He wears a size 12 ½ shoe.
43. He profiles people in the grocery store checkout line.
44. He plays the ukulele.
45. He’s not the W.B. Mason guy.
46. His Hiatus Beard was such a hit, it stuck around for last season’s first episode of Criminal Minds.
47. He’s gone skydiving.
48. Two of his characters have been named Best Dressed on Television. He’s won for Greg Montgomery and Aaron Hotchner.
49. He loves The Beatles.
50. His mother named him Thomas because he was born on the feast day of St. Thomas.
Happy Half Century to the guy who makes our favorite fed possible, Thomas Gibson!
@Gibsonthomas you gorgeous, gorgeous man!!! Happy birthday!!! xxx
742. submitted by beauty-is-a-bitch.
I really like Hotch and Beth, but he and Haley is my CM OTP, so when Beth did arrive on the scene, I initally felt this way…
Lyrics selections / explanations here.
- “Pictures of Success” - Rilo Kiley
- “Everything I Wanted” - Jonatha Brooke
- “Ice” - Lights
- “Glitter in the Air” - Pink
- “If it Means a Lot to You” - A Day to Remember
- “Breathe Again” - Sara Bareilles
- “Running Up That Hill” - Placebo [Kate Bush cover]
Criminal Minds - Season 7