The Kennedys meet The Avengers
The Avennedys Pt. II
- Edward M. Kennedy is Clint Barton/’Hawkeye’
- The younger members of their respective groups, Ted and Clint can sometimes feel like outcasts. Their isolation leads to bouts of loneliness, but instead of wallowing or becoming bitter, they embrace their given skill-sets and the calling to serve their country. Both Ted and Clint have their eye on the prize, and where ever they focus their aim - be it in the Senate or in battle - they never miss.
- Eunice Kennedy Shriver is ‘Thor’
- Wielding his mighty hammer, Thor’s brute strength is best described as ‘olympian’, and Eunice, of course, is responsible for founding the Special Olympics. With an abundance of energy, Eunice and Thor both focus their familial frustrations into doing good for mankind. Whilst Thor constantly battles to keep the Earth safe from his troubled younger brother Loki, Eunice tries to change it after caring for her mentally-challenged sister Rosemary. Both of them attribute their powers to a higher source, with Thor’s stemming from the realms of Norse mythology, and Eunice’s from her devout Catholic faith.
- Ethel Kennedy is Natasha Romanoff/’Black Widow’
- Both situated in the centre of a male-dominated world, Ethel and Natasha can easily hold their own. Whether it be in the middle of a rough game of ‘touch-football’ or a fight on the battlefield, they are unstoppable forces. Smart and practical, these girls take no nonsense. Especially from boys.
- Joseph Kennedy Snr. & Rose Kennedy are Nick Fury & Maria Hill
- Ah yes, the teams responsible for the creation of The Kennedys and The Avengers. Both Joe Snr. and Nick Fury rounded up their troops and prepared them for battle, whilst Rose and Maria - their contribution just as important as anyone elses - worked quietly and diligently in the background.